Feds nab gang members in Atlantic City drug bust
ATLANTIC CITY - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Federal law enforcers say they've dismantled a violent drug trafficking ring operating out of Atlantic City.
New Jersey US Attorney Paul Fishman says more than 30 members, associates and distributors of the Dirty Block Gang are under arrest.
Fishman says Dirty Block used extreme violence to keep competitors away.
"They were so effective in controlling the flow of illegal drugs in this area, that while better known street gangs like The Bloods and the Latin Kings are active throughout New Jersey and even in Atlantic City, Dirty Block is predominate criminal street gang in the area," Fishman said.
Fishman alleges the gang plotted to kill at least one rival.
He also says they used kids as street dealers and women as fronts and to launder their money.
new jersey, atlantic city, atlantic county, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 3 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 56 min ago
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 2 weeks after waking up in body bag, Miss. man dies 32 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad