1 dead in West Oak Lane double shooting
WEST OAK LANE - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say one person is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
According to investigators, it was around 5:20 a.m. when three men were exiting the rear of a home in the 6800 block of Ogontz Avenue.
That is when someone opened fire, hitting two of the men.
One of the victims, said to be between the ages 40 and 50, was pronounced dead at the scene having sustained gunshot wounds to the upper torso.
The second victim, 57-years-old, was shot in the leg and transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
The identities of the victims have not been released.
There is no word yet on who shot them or why.
Police are continuing to investigate.
shooting, homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ