1 dead in West Oak Lane double shooting
WEST OAK LANE - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say one person is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
According to investigators, it was around 5:20 a.m. when three men were exiting the rear of a home in the 6800 block of Ogontz Avenue.
That is when someone opened fire, hitting two of the men.
One of the victims, said to be between the ages 40 and 50, was pronounced dead at the scene having sustained gunshot wounds to the upper torso.
The second victim, 57-years-old, was shot in the leg and transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
The identities of the victims have not been released.
There is no word yet on who shot them or why.
Police are continuing to investigate.
shooting, homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 16 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show