1 dead in West Oak Lane double shooting
WEST OAK LANE - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say one person is dead and another is hospitalized after a shooting in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia Wednesday morning.
According to investigators, it was around 5:20 a.m. when three men were exiting the rear of a home in the 6800 block of Ogontz Avenue.
That is when someone opened fire, hitting two of the men.
One of the victims, said to be between the ages 40 and 50, was pronounced dead at the scene having sustained gunshot wounds to the upper torso.
The second victim, 57-years-old, was shot in the leg and transported to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment.
The identities of the victims have not been released.
There is no word yet on who shot them or why.
Police are continuing to investigate.
shooting, homicide, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 49 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 14 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 14 min ago
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 14 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
49 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
14 min ago