Strong armed robbery near hospital in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a robbery in the city's Kensington section.
Police say the robbery occurred at Hope and Somerset streets early Wednesday morning.
Then around 5:20 a.m. the victim went to the nearby Emergency Room at Temple University Hospital's Episcopal Campus to report the robbery.
The suspect took a wallet and ID but the victim was uninjured.
Initial reports indicated that the robbery had happened inside the emergency room, however that turned out not to be the case.
Police are continuing to investigate.
kensington, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 59 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
1 min ago