Strong armed robbery near hospital in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a robbery in the city's Kensington section.
Police say the robbery occurred at Hope and Somerset streets early Wednesday morning.
Then around 5:20 a.m. the victim went to the nearby Emergency Room at Temple University Hospital's Episcopal Campus to report the robbery.
The suspect took a wallet and ID but the victim was uninjured.
Initial reports indicated that the robbery had happened inside the emergency room, however that turned out not to be the case.
Police are continuing to investigate.
kensington, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 41 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 17 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
41 min ago