Strong armed robbery near hospital in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating a robbery in the city's Kensington section.
Police say the robbery occurred at Hope and Somerset streets early Wednesday morning.
Then around 5:20 a.m. the victim went to the nearby Emergency Room at Temple University Hospital's Episcopal Campus to report the robbery.
The suspect took a wallet and ID but the victim was uninjured.
Initial reports indicated that the robbery had happened inside the emergency room, however that turned out not to be the case.
Police are continuing to investigate.
kensington, philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 37 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 23 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 39 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos