Pastor sentenced for harassing congregants in Pa.
READING, Pa. - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Romanian pastor has been sentenced to prison and could face deportation for sexually harassing two members of his eastern Pennsylvania congregation.
The Reading Eagle reports 47-year-old Kenhorst resident Aron Andonie was sentenced in Berks County Court on Tuesday to 106 days to 11 ½ months in prison followed by three years' probation. He pleaded guilty to charges that he stalked and harassed a 21-year-old woman and a 46-year-old woman using a prepaid cellphone.
He was the pastor at Spring Valley Church of God in Muhlenberg Township from 2004 until his arrest in December.
His attorney, Paul S. Missan, says Andonie didn't understand that what he was doing was a serious crime.
After he's released from prison, immigration authorities will determine if he should be deported.
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/
pennsylvania, sexual harassment, berks county, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 4 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 37 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 4 min ago
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport