Wilmington man arrested on felony gun charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police have arrested a 22-year-old man Wednesday on gun charges following an ongoing investigation.
Wilmington Police Department Gun Squad Detectives arrested Tieshawn Owens after executing a search warrant in the 2500 block of Bowers Street.
Police seized a .40 caliber Glock 27 semi-automatic handgun, 10 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from the residence. Further investigation revealed the gun had been stolen from New Castle County.
Owens was arrested without incident. He is being charged with possession of a stolen firearm and other related gun charges.
Police say Owens was prohibited from carrying a firearm.
He is currently waiting arraignment.
guns, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 18 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
18 min ago