Wilmington man arrested on felony gun charges
WILMINGTON, Del. - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington Police have arrested a 22-year-old man Wednesday on gun charges following an ongoing investigation.
Wilmington Police Department Gun Squad Detectives arrested Tieshawn Owens after executing a search warrant in the 2500 block of Bowers Street.
Police seized a .40 caliber Glock 27 semi-automatic handgun, 10 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from the residence. Further investigation revealed the gun had been stolen from New Castle County.
Owens was arrested without incident. He is being charged with possession of a stolen firearm and other related gun charges.
Police say Owens was prohibited from carrying a firearm.
He is currently waiting arraignment.
guns, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 19 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 34 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
32 min ago