Shamong Township man charged in murder of 1-year-old
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Burlington County man has been charged with murder in connection with the death of a 1-year-old toddler who was being fostered by his girlfriend.
29-year-old Steven Donaldson of Shamong Township was charged with one count of Murder for the death of Claudia Nunes.
Claudia turned a year old the day before her death.
Police say on February 12th, Donaldson was caring for Claudia in his girlfriend's Cinnaminson home while she was at work.
Just before 8:00 p.m., authorities say Donaldson placed a call to 911 and indicated that Claudia was not breathing.
The toddler was taken to Kennedy University Hospital in Cherry Hill, where she was pronounced dead.
An autopsy concluded that the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.
Donaldson surrendered yesterday on Tuesday at the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office.
Bail was set at $250,000 with no 10 percent option.
Donaldson was released yesterday after posting bail.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed