Body found in woods ID'd as Levittown woman
PEMBERTON TWP., N.J. - March 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Burlington County police have put a name and a face on the unidentified body found in the woods of Pemberton Township last year.
It's been almost a year since 22-year-old Molly Lynch disappeared. Her Levittown, Falls Township family never gave up hope.
"It's been hell; it's been very sad and very empty. It's affected my whole family," Molly's sister Emily Lynch said.
Since April of last year, they've been searching for Molly, receiving tips on possible sightings, even paying close attention to news stories about bodies being found. But now investigators say Molly was actually located two months after she disappeared, on June 17th, when ATV riders stumbled upon her badly decomposed remains in a wooded area off Quail Run Road in Pemberton Township.
A week ago, the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office released a sketch of the unidentified woman and tips led them to Molly Lynch and her family.
"I kind of lost it and I was like 'No, no, no, no.' I couldn't even look at them," Dee Lynch, Molly's mother, said.
Dee says her daughter was a good person, but she suffered from drug addiction. They say she was last seen in the Kensington section of Philadelpha.
Molly's body ended up 35 miles away, just off a remote dirt road and police don't know how she died. So now, investigators and her family are asking the public for information.
"Hopefully, we can find out exactly what happened in her last hours of life and when it happened," Emily said.
Right now investigators will only say Molly Lynch's death has been ruled a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington County Prosecutor's Office Tip Line at 609-267-8300.
new jersey, body found, burlington county, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 27 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 44 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
39 min ago