Reading 8th grader diagnosed with meningitis
READING, Pa. - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student case of meningitis has a Berks County school district on alert.
Officials say, an 8th grader at Citadel Intermediate High School in Reading has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis.
The Reading School District has sent out letters informing the parents of the situation.
They've assured families that this is an isolated case and the district is following all directions from the state department of health.
The student is currently under a doctor's care.
school, meningitis, berks county, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded 30 min ago
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house 19 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
31 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens...
30 min ago