Reading 8th grader diagnosed with meningitis
READING, Pa. - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A student case of meningitis has a Berks County school district on alert.
Officials say, an 8th grader at Citadel Intermediate High School in Reading has been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis.
The Reading School District has sent out letters informing the parents of the situation.
They've assured families that this is an isolated case and the district is following all directions from the state department of health.
The student is currently under a doctor's care.
school, meningitis, berks county, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 33 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 10 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 55 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition