Kutztown University student charged with burglary, assault
KUTZTOWN, Pa. - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Kutztown University student, and former football player, has been linked to a violent dorm invasion at the school.
19-year-old Shahaid Smith is one of three people suspected of forcing their way into a room in Deatrick Hall earlier this month.
One of the dorm residents was pistol-whipped in the incident.
Smith, a native of Crum Lynne, Delaware County, is a sophomore majoring in special education.
Now he's jailed on charges including robbery, burglary and simple assault.
Police are still looking for the other two suspects.
pennsylvania, berks county, assault, burglary, robbery, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 49 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 44 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 37 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 53 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
11 min ago