Shots fired, 2 injured in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say eight rounds of shots were fired, injuring two people in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. at 7th and McKean Streets.
Officials say a 23-year-old man was shot in the head and a 22-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to the thigh.
Both were rushed by police to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for treatment.
The man is listed in extremely critical condition. The woman is listed as stable.
So, far there are no arrests or word on a motive for the shooting.
Police are reviewing surveillance cameras in the area.
shooting, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad