Shots fired, 2 injured in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say eight rounds of shots were fired, injuring two people in South Philadelphia late Thursday night.
The incident happened just before 11:30 p.m. at 7th and McKean Streets.
Officials say a 23-year-old man was shot in the head and a 22-year-old woman suffered a gunshot wound to the thigh.
Both were rushed by police to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for treatment.
The man is listed in extremely critical condition. The woman is listed as stable.
So, far there are no arrests or word on a motive for the shooting.
Police are reviewing surveillance cameras in the area.
shooting, south philadelphia, pennsylvania, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 28 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 3 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 8 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 24 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
28 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
3 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
8 min ago