Reading police probe massive student melee
READING, Pa. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Reading are investigating and sorting through surveillance video of a melee that involved as many as 100 teenagers armed with boards, bats, table legs, hammers and other weapons.
Sgt. John Solecki says detectives are looking at video from surveillance cameras and bystanders who posted footage of Wednesday's brawl on Facebook.
The Reading Eagle reports the teens were fighting at basketball courts in a park when police responded around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
At least one person, a 17-year-old boy, was taken to the hospital and was later released.
Investigators say the large fight involved 75 to 100 teenagers and they scattered when police arrived, but the violence resumed minutes later.
Solecki says police are trying to identify everyone involved, especially those holding weapons. It wasn't clear what started the brawl.
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, school, fight, local/state
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 34 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 50 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line 19 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 11 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
50 min ago