Reading police probe massive student melee
READING, Pa. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Reading are investigating and sorting through surveillance video of a melee that involved as many as 100 teenagers armed with boards, bats, table legs, hammers and other weapons.
Sgt. John Solecki says detectives are looking at video from surveillance cameras and bystanders who posted footage of Wednesday's brawl on Facebook.
The Reading Eagle reports the teens were fighting at basketball courts in a park when police responded around 4 p.m. Wednesday.
At least one person, a 17-year-old boy, was taken to the hospital and was later released.
Investigators say the large fight involved 75 to 100 teenagers and they scattered when police arrived, but the violence resumed minutes later.
Solecki says police are trying to identify everyone involved, especially those holding weapons. It wasn't clear what started the brawl.
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, school, fight, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 35 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 16 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
8 min ago