Tractor-trailer hits downed wires in Juniata Park
JUNIATA PARK - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- A tractor-trailer driver hit some downed wires which caused a power outage in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The driver was attempting to park around 3:00 a.m. along Hunting Park and Whittaker Avenues when the truck snagged some low hanging wires.
Police received a report of the incident and arrived to the scene to discover the power had been knocked out in the area, officials say.
PECO crews were called in to repair the wires. So far, there is no word on how many customers were affected..
Police have not said, if any charges will be filed.
juniata park, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 3 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 40 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
3 min ago