Autopsy inconclusive on emaciated New Jersey boy's mom
UNION, N.J. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Autopsy results are inconclusive for a mother who was found dead in a northern New Jersey apartment where her emaciated 4-year-old son was living off sugar.
Union Township Police Director Daniel Zieser says an autopsy completed Thursday on 38-year-old Kiana Workman was not able to determine the cause or time of her death. Toxicology results are pending.
The Brooklyn, N.Y., woman's decomposing body was discovered Tuesday in her mother's apartment. Workman had moved there with her child after her mother was sent to a nursing home to recover from surgery.
Police discovered her body after maintenance workers reported a foul odor emanating from the chain-locked apartment.
They also found her son naked and malnourished. He told police he had been eating from a bag of sugar.
The boy is now in temporary foster care.
children, new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 58 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos