Woman buys full-page newspaper obituary for pet dog
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- While most pet owners certainly love their companions, one New Jersey woman wanted everyone to know just how much her four-legged friend meant to her.
Upon the passing of her beloved dog, Ginger, Tammy Duffy of Hamilton was understandably crushed.
In honor of their 15 years together, Tammy decided to create a full page obituary in the Trentonian newspaper.
Some may find this as over the top for a dog, but Tammy says she doesn't care.
"I just wanted to do something that demonstrated that she was this amazing dog. Everybody should be blessed to have such a great person in their life," she said.
The ad cost Tammy $900. It was a drop in the bucket, she says, for the love she shared with Ginger.
new jersey, mercer county, animals, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man