Woman buys full-page newspaper obituary for pet dog
HAMILTON TWP., N.J. - March 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- While most pet owners certainly love their companions, one New Jersey woman wanted everyone to know just how much her four-legged friend meant to her.
Upon the passing of her beloved dog, Ginger, Tammy Duffy of Hamilton was understandably crushed.
In honor of their 15 years together, Tammy decided to create a full page obituary in the Trentonian newspaper.
Some may find this as over the top for a dog, but Tammy says she doesn't care.
"I just wanted to do something that demonstrated that she was this amazing dog. Everybody should be blessed to have such a great person in their life," she said.
The ad cost Tammy $900. It was a drop in the bucket, she says, for the love she shared with Ginger.
new jersey, mercer county, animals, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 2 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 37 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 2 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
2 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos