Wilmington police make arrest in Kirkwood Street shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested a convicted felon and drug offender in connection with a shooting that left a man hospitalized last Friday.
21-year-old Jerree Richardson of the 800 block of Bennett Street is charged with Attempted Murder 1st Degree, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, and Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited.
The charges stem from a shooting that happened around 11:00 p.m. Friday on the 900 block Kirkwood Street.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old victim on the street with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. He was rushed to the hospital where he is listed in serious, but stable condition.
According to investigators, the victim was walking in the area when a group of men, including Richardson, opened fire without provocation.
Richardson was taken into custody Monday evening during a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of 26th Street and Northeast Boulevard. A handgun was discovered inside the vehicle, though it is unclear if the weapon was the same one used in the shooting.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 17 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 13 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 15 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 11 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures