Wilmington police make arrest in Kirkwood Street shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested a convicted felon and drug offender in connection with a shooting that left a man hospitalized last Friday.
21-year-old Jerree Richardson of the 800 block of Bennett Street is charged with Attempted Murder 1st Degree, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, and Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited.
The charges stem from a shooting that happened around 11:00 p.m. Friday on the 900 block Kirkwood Street.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old victim on the street with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. He was rushed to the hospital where he is listed in serious, but stable condition.
According to investigators, the victim was walking in the area when a group of men, including Richardson, opened fire without provocation.
Richardson was taken into custody Monday evening during a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of 26th Street and Northeast Boulevard. A handgun was discovered inside the vehicle, though it is unclear if the weapon was the same one used in the shooting.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 31 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings