Wilmington police make arrest in Kirkwood Street shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested a convicted felon and drug offender in connection with a shooting that left a man hospitalized last Friday.
21-year-old Jerree Richardson of the 800 block of Bennett Street is charged with Attempted Murder 1st Degree, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, and Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited.
The charges stem from a shooting that happened around 11:00 p.m. Friday on the 900 block Kirkwood Street.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old victim on the street with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. He was rushed to the hospital where he is listed in serious, but stable condition.
According to investigators, the victim was walking in the area when a group of men, including Richardson, opened fire without provocation.
Richardson was taken into custody Monday evening during a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of 26th Street and Northeast Boulevard. A handgun was discovered inside the vehicle, though it is unclear if the weapon was the same one used in the shooting.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 18 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 10 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
21 min ago