Wilmington police make arrest in Kirkwood Street shooting
WILMINGTON, Del. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested a convicted felon and drug offender in connection with a shooting that left a man hospitalized last Friday.
21-year-old Jerree Richardson of the 800 block of Bennett Street is charged with Attempted Murder 1st Degree, Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony, and Possession of a Deadly Weapon by a Person Prohibited.
The charges stem from a shooting that happened around 11:00 p.m. Friday on the 900 block Kirkwood Street.
Arriving officers found a 30-year-old victim on the street with a gunshot wound to his buttocks. He was rushed to the hospital where he is listed in serious, but stable condition.
According to investigators, the victim was walking in the area when a group of men, including Richardson, opened fire without provocation.
Richardson was taken into custody Monday evening during a motor vehicle stop at the intersection of 26th Street and Northeast Boulevard. A handgun was discovered inside the vehicle, though it is unclear if the weapon was the same one used in the shooting.
shooting, wilmington, delaware, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 10 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 19 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 37 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos