Footprints lead Wilmington police to man shot
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - April 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Wilmington say bloody footprints led officers to find a 40-year-old man suffering from a gunshot wound.
Police say officers were called to the 1100 block of Read Street on Friday afternoon for the report of a shooting. The man was located a short time later. He had been shot in the foot.
Investigators say it appears the victim was inside his home when a suspect began firing into the residents. Two suspects then fled the scene. The victim ran to another home nearby.
The victim was listed in stable condition on Saturday.
wilmington, shooting, delaware, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 15 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 9 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 24 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 14 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
9 min ago