Good Samaritan helps burglarized Camden church
CAMDEN, N.J. - March 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Someone broke into a Camden church, ransacked the place and stole their speakers but on Saturday a Good Samaritan stepped in to help.
Hours before Easter Sunday service, the Community Baptist Church in Camden received a donation from a generous neighbor - a turntable and amplifier.
It will help make one of the holiest days of the year special for this place of worship after it was burglarized Friday morning.
"John brought the sunshine in the midst of all of this," said Pastor David King.
An appreciative Pastor King says burglars disabled the alarm system, busted a side window and stole three speakers from the pulpit.
John Wilcox of Clementon saw the story on Action News and felt compelled to dig his old DJ equipment out of his closet and help a church in need.
"I do believe that you should help others," said Wilcox.
Pastor King says it's the fourth time in about a year that the church has been broken into.
"This window was broken out, they went upstairs and took the mixing board, camcorders and cameras," he said.
It's always a tough loss for a church with modest means that strives each day to help its community.
Its people like Wilcox who remind us of the good in this world.
"I thank God for the good and John is a blessing for us," said Pastor King.
new jersey, camden, burglary, theft, local/state, jennifer joyce
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 19 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 57 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 2 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 39 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 5 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
5 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos