Man pulls gun in altercation, fatally shoots girlfriend in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was taken in for questioning by police after his girlfriend was fatally shot on a street in Kensington.
At approximately 8:15 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a call of a shooting on the unit block of East Seltzer Street.
Arriving officers were informed by several neighbors that an argument occurred between two males.
One of the males, a 28-year-old, fired a shot, striking his own 22-year-old girlfriend in the neck.
She was transported to Episcopal Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The boyfriend told police he shot her by accident.
The second male involved in the altercation was not at the scene when police arrived.
Police are not releasing the victim's identity at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 34 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos