Man pulls gun in altercation, fatally shoots girlfriend in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was taken in for questioning by police after his girlfriend was fatally shot on a street in Kensington.
At approximately 8:15 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a call of a shooting on the unit block of East Seltzer Street.
Arriving officers were informed by several neighbors that an argument occurred between two males.
One of the males, a 28-year-old, fired a shot, striking his own 22-year-old girlfriend in the neck.
She was transported to Episcopal Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The boyfriend told police he shot her by accident.
The second male involved in the altercation was not at the scene when police arrived.
Police are not releasing the victim's identity at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 29 min ago
- Family displaced in Wilmington house fire
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working 6 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to keep working
6 min ago