Man pulls gun in altercation, fatally shoots girlfriend in Kensington
KENSINGTON - March 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was taken in for questioning by police after his girlfriend was fatally shot on a street in Kensington.
At approximately 8:15 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to a call of a shooting on the unit block of East Seltzer Street.
Arriving officers were informed by several neighbors that an argument occurred between two males.
One of the males, a 28-year-old, fired a shot, striking his own 22-year-old girlfriend in the neck.
She was transported to Episcopal Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The boyfriend told police he shot her by accident.
The second male involved in the altercation was not at the scene when police arrived.
Police are not releasing the victim's identity at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
philadelphia, kensington, shooting, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 33 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 40 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 40 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 32 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
40 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
40 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
43 min ago