Driver charged with DUI after striking police cruiser
OXFORD CIRCLE - March 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- An alleged drunk driver is behind bars, accused of hitting a Philadelphia police cruiser on the Roosevelt Boulevard overnight.
Police tell Action News an officer was making a routine traffic stop near Large Street in the Oxford Circle area of Philadelphia when her cruiser was hit from behind by another vehicle.
The officer was knocked to the ground but wasn't seriously hurt.
The driver of the striking vehicle has been charged with DUI.
philadelphia, oxford circle, accident, police, DUI, local/state
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control 51 min ago
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief