2 teenagers killed in Manchester, Ocean County crash
MANCHESTER TWP., N.J. - April 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say two teenagers were killed in a crash on Easter Sunday in Manchester Township, Ocean County.
The crash happened around 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of County Road 571 and County Road 547.
Police say the car, a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible, crossed over the center line and slammed into a Ford F-150 pickup truck.
The two teens in the car, 18-year-old Brandon Simms of Leesville Road in Jackson and a 17-year-old boy, also from Jackson, were killed.
Investigators say neither teen was wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the pickup truck was wearing a seatbelt, police say, and was taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Police say an investigation into this crash continues.
new jersey, ocean county, accident, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos