2 teenagers killed in Manchester, Ocean County crash
MANCHESTER TWP., N.J. - April 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Investigators say two teenagers were killed in a crash on Easter Sunday in Manchester Township, Ocean County.
The crash happened around 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of County Road 571 and County Road 547.
Police say the car, a 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible, crossed over the center line and slammed into a Ford F-150 pickup truck.
The two teens in the car, 18-year-old Brandon Simms of Leesville Road in Jackson and a 17-year-old boy, also from Jackson, were killed.
Investigators say neither teen was wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the pickup truck was wearing a seatbelt, police say, and was taken to the hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Police say an investigation into this crash continues.
new jersey, ocean county, accident, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos