Brass grates stolen from Egg Harbor Twp. cemetery
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, N.J. - April 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township are investigating the theft of 16 brass grates from various mausoleums at the Laurel Memorial Cemetery.
The thefts reportedly took place on February 15th, 2013 at the cemetery, located on English Creek Avenue.
Investigators believe the grates were taken to sell as scrap metal, however they may have value to an antique dealer.
Anyone with information regarding the theft is urged to contact police at 609-926-4051. Tipster can also contact Atlantic County Crimestoppers at 609-652-1234 or 1-800-658-8477.
atlantic county, new jersey, theft, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 8 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests