Motorcyclist killed in Schuylkill Expressway crash
SCHUYLKILL EXPRESSWAY - April 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Pennsylvania State Police are investigating a fatal motorcycle crash on the Schuylkill Expressway.
The accident happened around 7:20 p.m. Monday on the eastbound lanes of I-76 near the Girard Avenue exit.
Police say the motorcyclist lost control trying to exit the expressway and crashed.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident, but traffic was backed up eastbound for miles.
philadelphia, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos