Naked man on bicycle facing charges in Pa.
READING, Pa. (AP) -April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in an eastern Pennsylvania city spent part of the early morning Easter Sunday chasing a naked man on a bicycle that was reported stolen.
Reading police said two officers patrolling the city at about 2:45 a.m. Sunday were flagged down by a man who said someone had just assaulted him and stolen his bicycle.
He pointed to the suspect, who was riding the wrong way on a one-way street and who ignored calls to halt and warnings that a stun gun would be used.
Officers pursued the naked man for several blocks and were finally able to grab him and pin him to the ground.
Police say the 19-year-old suspect will be facing charges including robbery, theft, fleeing police, resisting arrest and indecent exposure.
theft, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 28 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Package prompts evac at Del. National Guard base 37 min ago
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 24 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 22 min ago
- Thousands run first Boston Marathon since bombings 3 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 7 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!