Naked man on bicycle facing charges in Pa.
READING, Pa. (AP) -April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in an eastern Pennsylvania city spent part of the early morning Easter Sunday chasing a naked man on a bicycle that was reported stolen.
Reading police said two officers patrolling the city at about 2:45 a.m. Sunday were flagged down by a man who said someone had just assaulted him and stolen his bicycle.
He pointed to the suspect, who was riding the wrong way on a one-way street and who ignored calls to halt and warnings that a stun gun would be used.
Officers pursued the naked man for several blocks and were finally able to grab him and pin him to the ground.
Police say the 19-year-old suspect will be facing charges including robbery, theft, fleeing police, resisting arrest and indecent exposure.
theft, reading, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)