$5,000 reward offered in Cheltenham Rite-Aid robbery
CHELTENHAM TWP., Pa. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A $5,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the two men who robbed a Rite-Aid store in Cheltenham Township, Montgomery County at gunpoint Tuesday morning.
It was 5:20 a.m. when two men walked into the Rite-Aid located on the 1400 block of Cheltenham Avenue in the Elkins Park section of the township.
According to police, the first man selected and paid for a cold medicine product at the register. That's when the second male pulled out a black semi-automatic handgun, pointed it at the employee, and demanded money from the register, as well as a large amount of cigarettes.
The first suspect then allegedly threatened to kill the employees if they looked at him.
The employees handed over cash and cigarettes placed in two separate bags and the suspects fled the store.
The first suspect is described as a black male, 5'10, 145 pounds, with neck tattoos, wearing a grey sweatshirt under a green vest, dark jeans, and tan boots.
The second suspect is described as a black male, 5'10 to 5'11, 240 pounds, scruffy beard, wearing a black hat, grey sweatshirt, dark grey track pants, and armed with a black semi-auto handgun.
Rite-Aid has posted a $5,000 reward through the Citizens Crime Commission for information leading to an arrest.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact the Cheltenham Police Department at 215-885-1600 ext 499, or submit an anonymous tip by dialing 215-885-1600 ext 777.
robbery, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 51 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
50 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
51 min ago