Teen charged with creating fake Craigslist sex ad
FINLEYVILLE, Pa. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 17-year-old western Pennsylvania girl is facing juvenile charges after she allegedly put her friend's cell phone number in a fake Craigslist sex ad.
TV station WTAE reports Monday that the unidentified girl is being charged with unlawful communication with minors, harassment, and other charges. Authorities say the girl whose cell number was listed suddenly started receiving calls and text messages from men seeking sex, unaware that she was a juvenile.
The girl says she was scared because the ad let people know the county she lived in.
Southwest Regional Police Chief John Hartman says the fake ad opened the door "to a lot of problems" for the victim.
pennsylvania, craigslist, hoax, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ