Woman set fire to Egg Harbor home while daughter inside, police say
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey have charged a woman for allegedly setting her home on fire while her daughter was inside.
Amy Ochetto, 43, was charged following the fire, which was reported at 12:24 a.m. Tuesday on Windwood Drive in the Cardiff section of the township.
According to police, Ochetto used some kind of flammable liquid to start the fire while her 12-year-old daughter and another adult were inside.
The adult and the 12-year-old were able to escape the home and no injuries were reported.
Police did not say why they believe Ochetto was trying to set fire to the house.
Ochetto was arrested and was charged with aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
She is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
new jersey, atlantic county, arson, fire, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 24 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos