Woman set fire to Egg Harbor home while daughter inside, police say
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey have charged a woman for allegedly setting her home on fire while her daughter was inside.
Amy Ochetto, 43, was charged following the fire, which was reported at 12:24 a.m. Tuesday on Windwood Drive in the Cardiff section of the township.
According to police, Ochetto used some kind of flammable liquid to start the fire while her 12-year-old daughter and another adult were inside.
The adult and the 12-year-old were able to escape the home and no injuries were reported.
Police did not say why they believe Ochetto was trying to set fire to the house.
Ochetto was arrested and was charged with aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
She is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
new jersey, atlantic county, arson, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases