Woman set fire to Egg Harbor home while daughter inside, police say
EGG HARBOR TWP., N.J. - April 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey have charged a woman for allegedly setting her home on fire while her daughter was inside.
Amy Ochetto, 43, was charged following the fire, which was reported at 12:24 a.m. Tuesday on Windwood Drive in the Cardiff section of the township.
According to police, Ochetto used some kind of flammable liquid to start the fire while her 12-year-old daughter and another adult were inside.
The adult and the 12-year-old were able to escape the home and no injuries were reported.
Police did not say why they believe Ochetto was trying to set fire to the house.
Ochetto was arrested and was charged with aggravated arson, two counts of aggravated assault, and endangering the welfare of a child.
She is being held on $100,000 cash bail.
new jersey, atlantic county, arson, fire, local/state
- Armored car robbed outside bank in Tacony
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 32 min ago
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 16 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply 35 min ago
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
16 min ago