Scheduled work, not a break, led to water outage in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Water Department tells Action News that ongoing work on a 12-inch main, not a break, is what led to a water outage in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The work is happened at the intersection of Ridge Avenue and Green Lane.
Officials say crews had to shut the water off from midnight to 8:00 a.m. in order to get the valves fixed. Ridge Avenue was closed while the repairs were made.
The water is back on and now workers are finishing up so that the street can be reopened.
water main break, roxborough, philadelphia, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
53 min ago