Scheduled work, not a break, led to water outage in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Water Department tells Action News that ongoing work on a 12-inch main, not a break, is what led to a water outage in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The work is happened at the intersection of Ridge Avenue and Green Lane.
Officials say crews had to shut the water off from midnight to 8:00 a.m. in order to get the valves fixed. Ridge Avenue was closed while the repairs were made.
The water is back on and now workers are finishing up so that the street can be reopened.
water main break, roxborough, philadelphia, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother 53 min ago
- Record Warmth! 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Record Warmth!
50 min ago