Scheduled work, not a break, led to water outage in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Water Department tells Action News that ongoing work on a 12-inch main, not a break, is what led to a water outage in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The work is happened at the intersection of Ridge Avenue and Green Lane.
Officials say crews had to shut the water off from midnight to 8:00 a.m. in order to get the valves fixed. Ridge Avenue was closed while the repairs were made.
The water is back on and now workers are finishing up so that the street can be reopened.
water main break, roxborough, philadelphia, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 24 min ago
- Large explosion, fire reported in East Harlem 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 1 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death