Scheduled work, not a break, led to water outage in Roxborough
ROXBOROUGH - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Water Department tells Action News that ongoing work on a 12-inch main, not a break, is what led to a water outage in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia early Wednesday morning.
The work is happened at the intersection of Ridge Avenue and Green Lane.
Officials say crews had to shut the water off from midnight to 8:00 a.m. in order to get the valves fixed. Ridge Avenue was closed while the repairs were made.
The water is back on and now workers are finishing up so that the street can be reopened.
water main break, roxborough, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 9 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 5 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 5 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
9 min ago