Driver fleeing police slams into cars in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a driver fleeing police slammed into several parked cars in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Wednesday night.
The incident happened around 11:00 p.m. along the 3100 block of Tulip Street.
According to police, a driver sped off after an attempted car stop. The officer notified police radio that the driver had fled, and moments later crash sounds were heard by alarmed neighbors.
The fleeing driver had smashed his vehicle into several parked cars. The suspect was then arrested and charged.
Police have not said why they attempted to stop the driver in the first place.
accident, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 58 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 10 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76 35 min ago
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
35 min ago