Driver fleeing police slams into cars in Port Richmond
PORT RICHMOND - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say a driver fleeing police slammed into several parked cars in the Port Richmond section of Philadelphia Wednesday night.
The incident happened around 11:00 p.m. along the 3100 block of Tulip Street.
According to police, a driver sped off after an attempted car stop. The officer notified police radio that the driver had fled, and moments later crash sounds were heard by alarmed neighbors.
The fleeing driver had smashed his vehicle into several parked cars. The suspect was then arrested and charged.
Police have not said why they attempted to stop the driver in the first place.
accident, port richmond, philadelphia, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 20 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 45 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 37 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ