Police: Pa. English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. (AP) - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 19 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 34 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
32 min ago