Police: Pa. English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. (AP) - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 54 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 36 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 3 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 6 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball