Police: Pa. English teacher bought students beer
RIDLEY PARK, Pa. (AP) - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Philadelphia high school has suspended an English teacher accused of buying beer for students.
Authorities say 33-year-old Katherine Leigh Preusser was arrested March 23 after a car in which she was a passenger was pulled over in Middletown. Police say two 17-year-old Ridley High School students were also in the car, along with several open cans of beer.
She's facing charges for allegedly providing alcohol to students.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports Superintendent Lee Ann Wentzel says she learned about the incident over spring break and has suspended Preusser while an investigation continues.
A telephone listing for Preusser could not be located and it wasn't immediately clear if she had an attorney.
delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands