Galloway Township man found murdered on his birthday
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was found shot to death in Galloway Township, New Jersey on Thursday morning, which turned out to be the victim's birthday.
Wilo Delos Santos, 51, was found dead of a gunshot wound in the driveway of his home at 29 Falling Leaf Court.
The discovery was made shortly after 2:00 a.m. after police were called for a report of a shooting.
No arrests have been made and there was no word on any suspects.
Neighbors in the quiet cul-de-sac say the home where the shooting occurred always has multiple cars going in and out. Some neighbors were growing frustrated that the residents were not keeping up the appearance of the home.
One neighbors told Action News he saw three cars that he had never seen before just after midnight.
Police are calling the shooting an "isolated incident."
The Atlantic County Prosecutor's Office Major Crimes Unit and the Galloway Township Police Department are investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Major Crimes Unit at (609)-909-7666 or the Galloway Township Police Department at (609)-652-3705.
new jersey, atlantic county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 19 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 49 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 47 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 52 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber