Pedestrian struck by car, killed in Grays Ferry
GRAYS FERRY - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed on Thursday morning in the Grays Ferry section of Philadelphia.
It happened just before 9:00 a.m. in the 3300 block of Dickinson near the I-76 off-ramp.
Police say a man stepping out of his truck was hit by a minivan that was changing lanes.
The victim, a 40-year-old man, was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police say the striking vehicle did stop on the scene.
An investigation into this crash continues.
philadelphia, grays ferry, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 23 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 48 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
49 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
48 min ago