Pedestrian struck by car, killed in Grays Ferry
GRAYS FERRY - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed on Thursday morning in the Grays Ferry section of Philadelphia.
It happened just before 9:00 a.m. in the 3300 block of Dickinson near the I-76 off-ramp.
Police say a man stepping out of his truck was hit by a minivan that was changing lanes.
The victim, a 40-year-old man, was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.
Police say the striking vehicle did stop on the scene.
An investigation into this crash continues.
philadelphia, grays ferry, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos