74-year-old robbed of $452 money order in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who robbed a 74-year-old of a money order worth $452.
The incident happened at 11:10 a.m. on Monday, April 1st near United Check Cashing at 628 South Broad Street.
Police say that was where the victim bought the money order. While he was inside, police say the suspect briefly walked into the store, then walked out.
The victim left the store and walked on the 1500 block of Fitzwater Street.
That's where, police say, the suspect grabbed the victim in a choke hold and took the money order.
The suspect then fled the area east on Fitzwater Street toward Broad Street.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a blue and white jacket with white stripes on the sleeve, a dark-colored baseball cap, gray sweatpants and white sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 5 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
1 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
5 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos