74-year-old robbed of $452 money order in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who robbed a 74-year-old of a money order worth $452.
The incident happened at 11:10 a.m. on Monday, April 1st near United Check Cashing at 628 South Broad Street.
Police say that was where the victim bought the money order. While he was inside, police say the suspect briefly walked into the store, then walked out.
The victim left the store and walked on the 1500 block of Fitzwater Street.
That's where, police say, the suspect grabbed the victim in a choke hold and took the money order.
The suspect then fled the area east on Fitzwater Street toward Broad Street.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a blue and white jacket with white stripes on the sleeve, a dark-colored baseball cap, gray sweatpants and white sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 56 min ago
- Record Warmth! 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 42 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
17 min ago