74-year-old robbed of $452 money order in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - April 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for the man who robbed a 74-year-old of a money order worth $452.
The incident happened at 11:10 a.m. on Monday, April 1st near United Check Cashing at 628 South Broad Street.
Police say that was where the victim bought the money order. While he was inside, police say the suspect briefly walked into the store, then walked out.
The victim left the store and walked on the 1500 block of Fitzwater Street.
That's where, police say, the suspect grabbed the victim in a choke hold and took the money order.
The suspect then fled the area east on Fitzwater Street toward Broad Street.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing a blue and white jacket with white stripes on the sleeve, a dark-colored baseball cap, gray sweatpants and white sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words 1 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila. 58 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep 17 min ago
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash