Motorcyclists killed minutes apart in separate accidents in Parkside
PARKSIDE - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two motorcyclists were killed within minutes of each other in two separate accidents in the Parkside section of Philadelphia.
The first happened just before 7:00 p.m. Thursday in the 4500 block of Girard Avenue near Belmont.
Police say a man in his late twenties was riding a dirt bike west on Girard when he hit the median and lost control.
Medics took him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he died a short time later.
Seven minutes later and several blocks away, a 27-year-old man was killed when his motorcycle collided with a red Dodge Durango.
Police say the driver of the Dodge was making a left turn from the northbound side of Belmont Avenue onto Parkside Avenue when the accident happened.
The victim was taken the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and pronounced dead a short time later.
Both crashes are under investigation.
philadelphia, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor 12 min ago
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies