Firefighters battle house fire in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a stubborn house fire in Wynnefield Thursday night.
It broke out at 10:22 p.m. Thursday in a two-story row house in the 2200 block of North 52nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire coming from the home.
After trying to battle the fire from inside the building, they were forced to evacuate and douse the flames from the outside.
It took them more than an hour to get the upper hand.
No injuries were reported.
The cause is under investigation.
philadelphia, fire, wynnefield, local/state
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 13 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting 49 min ago
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 50 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 53 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest 55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- No charges for 8 NJ wrestlers in lynching photo 35 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Frost Advisory Overnight
13 min ago
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
55 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
53 min ago