Firefighters battle house fire in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a stubborn house fire in Wynnefield Thursday night.
It broke out at 10:22 p.m. Thursday in a two-story row house in the 2200 block of North 52nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire coming from the home.
After trying to battle the fire from inside the building, they were forced to evacuate and douse the flames from the outside.
It took them more than an hour to get the upper hand.
No injuries were reported.
The cause is under investigation.
philadelphia, fire, wynnefield, local/state
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J. 14 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 1 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos 59 min ago
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft 34 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 8 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in...
59 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in...
14 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos