Firefighters battle house fire in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a stubborn house fire in Wynnefield Thursday night.
It broke out at 10:22 p.m. Thursday in a two-story row house in the 2200 block of North 52nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire coming from the home.
After trying to battle the fire from inside the building, they were forced to evacuate and douse the flames from the outside.
It took them more than an hour to get the upper hand.
No injuries were reported.
The cause is under investigation.
philadelphia, fire, wynnefield, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 28 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids