Firefighters battle house fire in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - April 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters battled a stubborn house fire in Wynnefield Thursday night.
It broke out at 10:22 p.m. Thursday in a two-story row house in the 2200 block of North 52nd Street.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire coming from the home.
After trying to battle the fire from inside the building, they were forced to evacuate and douse the flames from the outside.
It took them more than an hour to get the upper hand.
No injuries were reported.
The cause is under investigation.
philadelphia, fire, wynnefield, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 55 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 53 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
53 min ago