Dehydrated twins found in NJ home with dead mother
PLAINFIELD, N.J. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in northern New Jersey are awaiting autopsy results to determine the cause of death for a woman whose body was found with her 3-month-old twins, who were dehydrated but responsive.
Officers on Wednesday responded to a call from a relative concerned that he hadn't heard from 39-year-old Alice Jackson in days.
Jackson was found dead on her bed in her Plainfield apartment. Police she appeared to have died of natural causes. They believe she had been dead for days when she was found.
Her children remain hospitalized in stable condition.
The discovery comes a week after police in nearby Union discovered a malnourished toddler chain-locked inside an apartment with his dead mother.
new jersey, local/state
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 57 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 34 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 24 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
6 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
2 min ago