Dehydrated twins found in NJ home with dead mother
PLAINFIELD, N.J. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in northern New Jersey are awaiting autopsy results to determine the cause of death for a woman whose body was found with her 3-month-old twins, who were dehydrated but responsive.
Officers on Wednesday responded to a call from a relative concerned that he hadn't heard from 39-year-old Alice Jackson in days.
Jackson was found dead on her bed in her Plainfield apartment. Police she appeared to have died of natural causes. They believe she had been dead for days when she was found.
Her children remain hospitalized in stable condition.
The discovery comes a week after police in nearby Union discovered a malnourished toddler chain-locked inside an apartment with his dead mother.
new jersey, local/state
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 20 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocks road in South Coatesville 15 min ago
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia 22 min ago
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 24 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 48 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Schools, daycares introduce yoga for kids
11 min ago
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast
20 min ago
- Higher blood pressure threshold OK in older...
14 min ago