2 suspects knock down and rob man in Logan
LOGAN - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are looking for two men caught on camera attacking and robbing a 49-year-old man in Logan.
It happened at 9:50 a.m. Thursday in an alleyway near the 1300 block of Olney Avenue.
Surveillance video shows the suspects waiting behind a parked car for the victim. When the man goes to open the trunk of a car, both suspects attack him from behind.
They knock him down, steal a paper bag containing an unspecified amount of cash and flee.
The victim chased both bandits north on Park Avenue until one broke off, turning east on Olney Avenue then jumping into a green late model Jeep Cherokee. He was last seen heading south on Park Avenue then east on Tabor Avenue.
Police have released the following descriptions of the suspects:
Suspect #1: Black male, 25-30 years old, 5'9", stocky build, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans faded on the back of the legs and white sneakers.
Suspect #2: Black male, 5'10" to 5'-11", thin build, wearing a dark colored baseball cap, dark gray down hooded vest, with a light gray long sleeved shirt underneath, dark colored jeans and black and white sneakers.
Anyone with information on the crime or the suspects is urged to contact Detective Flacco at the Philadelphia Police Northwest Detective Division at 215-686-3353/3354.
logan, philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 11 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...