Berks County man's pet duck beaten to death
MERTZTOWN, Pa. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police in Berks County say a 65-year-old man had his pet duck beaten to death by someone who also tried to set fire to two vehicles at his home.
Investigators say it happened last month at the 65-year-old man's home in Longswamp Township, sometime between March 15 and March 30.
Trooper Stephen M. Penkala II tells The Reading Eagle that the person went into the man's home and fatally beat the duck. Police say the man reported someone had also tried to set fire to a tractor-trailer and another vehicle at his home.
The name of the victim hasn't been released. Police say the investigation is continuing.
Information from: Reading Eagle, http://www.readingeagle.com/
pennsylvania, berks county, animal abuse, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 38 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 5 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...