NJ man allegedly burned ex with hot oil
NEWARK, N.J. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities in northern New Jersey are searching for a man they say doused his ex-wife with hot oil as she slept.
The Essex County prosecutor's office says an arrest warrant has been issued for 47-year-old Byron Stokely, of Irvington.
Police say Stokely threw a pot of hot water and oil on his ex-wife while she slept on March 29.
The prosecutor's office says the woman was badly burned on her face and upper body and remains hospitalized.
Police say Stokely also stole the victim's house keys and vehicle, which he used to leave the scene.
The vehicle has since been recovered.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Essex County prosecutor's office.
new jersey, assault, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 24 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 37 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 5 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 17 min ago
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 15 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
24 min ago