Sketch released in Wayne, Pa. child luring
WAYNE, Pa. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released a sketch of the suspect in a Wayne, Pa. child luring case.
Investigators say two children were playing in the yard of a home in the Strafford section between 4:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on March 26th. It was during that time when a light blue minivan with a dark gray front bumper drove slowly past them.
The minivan then turned around and stopped in front of the home.
Then, police say, the man behind the wheel called to one of the children twice, telling him to "get into the van."
The children walked away and the man drove off.
The suspect was described as a white male with a tan complexion, 40 to 50 years old. He had black, short-cropped hair with bangs and light-colored eyes.
One of the children said the man may have been speaking with a Hispanic-sounding accent.
The minivan was described as light blue with a dark gray front bumper, white license plates with red letters on both the front and back. Sun curtains were mounted in the side windows. The minivan may have been a Honda Odyssey or similar-looking vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective James Konieczny at (610) 408-3647 or email@example.com.
pennsylvania, chester county, child luring, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 52 min ago
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos