2 police cruisers damaged in Newark crash
NEWARK, Del. - April 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two police cruisers were damaged in a crash in Newark, Delaware on Friday morning.
The crash happened around 9:00 a.m. in the 600 block of Churchmans Road.
Police say a Wilmington Police cruiser and a Delaware State Police cruiser were heading to K-9 training when they came across a funeral procession.
The Wilmington cruiser stopped, but the State Police cruiser couldn't stop in time and rear-ended the Wilmington cruiser.
Both the police officers, and the K-9 officers with them, walked away unharmed.
delaware, new castle county, accident, police, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 9 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 35 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine